What if someone could tell you as a DBA team what you should be focusing your time on, based on well-vetted and empirically tested research? If only such a thing existed! Well, it does. In this session, you will learn important concepts to give your DBA team powerful tools to operate at peak performance and focus on the activities and behaviors which provide the greatest value to your organization.
We will answer questions like:
- How do we get out of fire fighting mode and become trusted advisors to the business?
- What is the Information Management Maturity Model (IMMM) and how can it help your team perform better?
- How does your career normally evolve with experience, and where you are now versus you think you should be?
- What are common organizational, process, and interpersonal problems that DBAs face and how can they best be overcome?
- What behaviors and habits are proven to make a DBA team indispensable, including in the coming age of the cloud?
This session puts it all in perspective teaching you the core tenets of the IMMM focusing on Information Management. Once you learn what you should be doing, you’ll never approach your job as a DBA the same way again!
Kevin Kline, Principal Program Manager SentryOne
Kevin Kline is a database and industry expert serving as Principal Program Manager at SentryOne, the industry leading SQL Server database tools vendor. A Microsoft SQL Server MVP since 2003, he is a founder and former president of PASS. Kevin is an author of many books, blogger, columnist, and popular international speaker. Kevin’s best known book is the best-selling SQL in a Nutshell and contributes monthly to Database Trends & Applications magazine.
He tweets at @kekline and blogs at http://Blogs.SQLSentry.com/Author/KevinKline.