Running SQL Server in containers has huge benefits for Data Platform professionals but there are challenges to running SQL Server in stand alone containers. Orchestrators provide a platform and the tools to overcome these challenges. This session will provide an overview of running SQL Server in Kubernetes, which is the leading orchestrator.
Topics covered will be:
- An overview of Kubernetes.
- Definition of deployments, pods, and services.
- Deploying SQL Server to Kubernetes.
- Persisting data for SQL Server in Kubernetes.
- An introduction to Helm
- Chaos engineering for SQL Server running in Kubernetes using Space Invaders!
This session is aimed at SQL Server DBAs and Developers who want to learn the what, the why, and the how to run SQL Server in Kubernetes.
Andrew Pruski, DBA Channel Advisor
SQL Server DBA with over 10 year’s experience. Originally from Wales but now living in Ireland