Are you a Database Administrator or Developer who has not previously implemented partitioning within an OLTP database? Have you thought about it, want to implement it, or even been asked to? We’re going to go over the concepts and implementation of partitioning for you!
- Introduction to partitioning, core concepts, and benefits.
- Overview of partitioning functions and schemes.
- Considerations for selecting a partitioning column.
- Creating a partitioned table.
- Explanation of aligned and non-aligned indexes.
- Manually switching a partition.
- Manually merging a partition.
- Manually splitting a partition.
- Demo on partition implementation & maintenance, covering automatic sliding windows.
A SQL Server DBA, originally from Swansea, Wales but is currently living in Dublin, Ireland, Andrew has been working with relational databases (in one form or another) for over 10 years and has been a SQL Server DBA for 6 of those.